Sunday, May 26, 2013

C3 at Right Brain Brewery

Every year my husband, who is a comic book illustrator and I go to a comic book convention in Traverse City; called Cherry Capital Convention or C3. And every year the Sunday after party is at Right Brain Brewery. I'm going to be honest - we love Right Brain's atmosphere, but I always am at a loss of what to drink because I have never really liked any of their beers that I have tried, but this year I was going to force myself to try something new and find a beer I like!

Strawberry Fields

Right Brain Brewery - Traverse City, MI
The title of this beer is misleading, I don't know if it's consider a fruit beer but it shouldn't be. It's not in the least bit sweet and I couldn't taste or smell the Strawberries at all. As with most of Right Brain's beers it's too hoppy for me. 4.6% abv

Pecan Pie Whole

Right Brain Brewery - Traverse City, MI
This was much more like it! Malt and Barley and Pecans, oh my! This beer smelled wonderful and was as close to liquid pecan pie in beer form you are going to find. You can still taste the hops, but it's much more malty; did I finally fine the Right Brain Beer for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment