Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Unexpected Beer Day

Michigan Sunshine

Cellar Brewing Company - Sparta, MI  I started my day with a meeting at Cellar Brewing Company with the new owner Chuck Brown, if you haven't caught on yet- The Michigan Beer Cellar is going through some changes; and they are going to be a great producer in West Michigan! I had their answer to Oberon, their Michigan Sunshine; it's orange and coriander - and in my opinion better the Oberon! Highly recommended if you are looking for liquid sunshine.


Rochester Mills 

Milk Shake Stout

HopCat - Grand Rapids, MI
Later in the day I attended my first Pussycat Beer Guild Meeting at HopCat - also my first visit to HopCat. I love these ladies, and it's going to be a great way to get to test new beers every month. I started with The Rochester Mills Milkshake Milk Stout. To be honest I have tasted this at home with my husband before. It's not ever as sweet as I want it to be, but it's very smooth and has nice dark chocolate under tones. 6% abv

Foret Saison

HopCat - Grand Rapids, MI
One thing I quickly learned at my guild meeting is there are perks :) This bottle was on the house! (The Hellhound was as well) and the second rule of the guild; your opinion is never wrong. This beer was surprising ok for the amount of hops in it, I know I don't usually like Saisons, but this was ok. The head was thick on the pour and it was quite sour. (This beer is from Belgium) 7.5% abv


Dogfish Head Brewery's

Robert Johnson's Hellhound on my Ale

HopCat - Grand Rapids, MI
I didn't like this beer as much as I wanted to, but then again; that's expected since it's a Imperial IPA. It was fairly citrus-y, but very bitter and sour and STRONG. Definitely not a beer for me or the faint of heart; but then neither is the blues. 10% abv

No comments:

Post a Comment